My name is Diane Bero and I have a very small Sheltie kennel. I have been showing and breeding Shelties for more than 25 years. I belong to the Evergreen State Shetland Sheepdog Club and was Club President in 2008 and 2009 and also in the early 2000. Contact me at farwests@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Puppies at 4 weeks

This is when it starts getting really fun with the puppies.  The puppies have started playing outside a couple times a day now and I have introduced them to puppy food, though Coco is still their main meal.  They are on  grain free, Taste of the Wild Smoked Salmon with bone broth mixed in to soften it.  Bone broth is just that, bones simmered for 24 hours in water with the bones discarded.  I use chicken bones to make my broth.  Yum,  the dogs love it!

Puppies were 4 weeks old yesterday so I took a couple pictures while they were outside.

The 2 boys are on the left in this picture above.

The largest male is in front facing the camera with his brother directly behind him sitting.

 The biggest boy was the first to go check out the ball, but his brother was more interested in playing with him.  Puppies are used to sleeping in a crate now (without a door).

In this picture, the smaller male is sitting in the front with the littlest girl directly behind him, then the next two are girls and the one in the back is the largest male.

No comments:

Post a Comment